Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Some Skiing and Ningle Terrace

8th February, 2010
This morning it was hard to get up for breakfast, after the big day we had yesterday.

So after tidying up our room and getting the cleaning lady to vac the floor it was lunch time and we headed out for a few hours on the ski's/board and my boots are still giving me a hard time but its getting better each time. I think the boot is fine but my foot is rolling along the side of itself and pushing the flesh under my foot and short of having the side of my foot removed there isn't much I can do about that....but I will persevere.

We pulled the pin around 3.30pm and decided to head over to Ningle Terrace which is a collection of local Crafts People housed in little wooden cottages dotted throughout a forest area near one the more fancy hotels.
As we were walking through here the snow began falling in huge flakes and it was so peaceful.







After we caught the bus back into Furano we found a place for dinner...was a seafood & sushi restaurant and we both managed to get a good meal. I had a plate of sushi and it was fantastic and it was all made fresh for me as I ordered it...the way it should be!!

We then walked back the the B&B and the snow was quite heavy and huge fluffy flakes as you might be able to see in the picture below. Also took a few pics of the river we crossed and how much snow was landing on the trees in the streets as we walked back into the ski village.




This is a Temple Garden on the way home from Furano




Snappy insisted we pop into McDonald's for a Hot Apple Pie and Choc Sundae!!






Sachi River










One of the trees that line the streets up to our B&B..nearly 2 inches of fresh snow that you can blow off the branch with a puff of air.


We thought we would cut across the back of our B&B and discovered that it might not have been the smartest thing as it was hip height deep of soft powder snow...hehe


Short Video of the snow we were waling through on the way home....


No comments:

Post a Comment